We know people are nervous, and some shops are worried about getting customers through their doors. But, there are things that you can do now to strengthen your relationship with your customers, and even bring in new customers.
In fact, RepairPal is getting creative. We’re using our social media channels and website to let potential customers know you’re still open and to highlight your efforts to protect their safety and provide convenient excellent service.
First off, auto repair is a critical service, excluded from the shelter in place restrictions in most areas, as per the local regulations we have read.
Next, communication with customers is key:
- Let people know the shop is open, and that you’re taking measures to protect them! Copy, paste and modify the social and email text below.
- Follow up on appointments is so important, especially now, to reassure your customers that you’re operating and prepared to take care of their safety
Draw in customers with special offerings:
- Go Touchless. Offer pickup/delivery, modify after-hours drop-off, and key drop box available during all hours.
- Discounts on routine maintenance. Most people aren’t using their cars as much as they normally do. Its the perfect time to get it serviced!
The focus of the health and safety of your employees and your customers:
- Sanitize customer cars and keys when they come in, and right before you return it to customers.
- Share written estimates via your shop management system, or via email, as allowed by local law.
- Switch to payment over the phone (or online if available).
- All staff should wear (latex/nitrile) when physically interacting with a vehicle.
- Sanitize your waiting area regularly, or consider closing it.
At RepairPal, we’re committed to helping shops during this trying time. Rest assured, our support specialists are at home and ready to help you.
The RepairPal Team
Text for Social Media
- As an “Essential Business,” our Auto Repair shop is OPEN! Now’s the time to schedule routine maintenance. Call us at (Insert your shop phone number here) and ask about our “touchless” pick up/drop off options!
- Not going anywhere for a few weeks? It’s a great time to take care of your car Maintenance!
- Your business and safety are important to us, and we’re taking every precaution necessary to ensure you are taken care of safely and efficiently during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our hours of operation are: (Add your shop hours here)
- We value your business and want to make sure you know that we are still in operation. We are taking every precaution possible to ensure your safety as well as the safety of our staff. We are implementing strict sanitation rules to limit any possible exposure to COVID-19 by thoroughly disinfecting and sanitizing our workspaces and limiting unnecessary contact. We are also strictly enforcing that employees wash their hands throughout the day and are telling people to stay home if they feel unwell. We also want to make sure that your vehicle is being wiped down and sanitized thoroughly before it’s turned over to you. Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns. We are here to serve you and appreciate your business.
- Did you know auto repair is considered an essential service? Which is why we’re staying open during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our hours of operation are: (Add your shop hours here)
- Thank you for being a loyal customer. During these trying times, we want to make sure you know that you can continue to count on us to service your vehicles. We know how important it is to have running care during these difficult times so we want to make sure your car is one less thing you have to worry about. Our hours of operation are: (Add your shop hours here)