- Easy, cost effective items to stock, do not take up a lot of space – A small amount of inventory (6 SKUs) can cover most vehicles on the road
- Wipers are easy (and fast) to install. Wipers can be changed within 4 minutes
- 1 out of every 3 car needs new wipers RIGHT NOW – Wipers should be changed every 6 months
- Customer Retention: Offering your customers wipers (when needed) will keep them out of other shops and parts stores. If your customer leaves your shop, and 2 days later it begins to rain- that customer may pull into whatever shop is closest to get new wipers
- Added convenience for customers – no extra trips to parts stores
How To Increase Your Wiper Sales NOW:
- Ask customers “How did your wipers work the last time it rained?”
- Do a manual inspection
- Offer free installation
- “Show & Tell” – Show customers their worn wipers so they do not feel “taken”
- Always remember: YOU CAN NEVER OVERSELL A WIPER BLADE
Paula Lombard, President of WEXCO Industries, WEXCO has been producing successful wiper programs for over 20 years. In 2009, Paula Lombard created a brand of wiper blades called AutoTex Pink , in her efforts to give back to a charitable cause. AutoTex Pink wiper blades come in both black and pink color and a donation is made to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (US sales) and the Breast Cancer Society of Canada (CA sales) for every single AutoTex Pink wiper sold.
Interested in Becoming RepairPal Certified?
Fill Out the Form in the Upper Right to Learn More.